Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 3 is only a few months old, but it’s already seeing some great discounts thanks to Black Friday deals.
Samsung launched its latest flagship folding phones at its Galaxy Unpacked event on 11 August in the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3. The phones launched alongside the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Buds 2, refreshing Samsung’s mobile, audio and wearable lines for 2021.
Now that we’re in peak Black Friday season, we’re starting to see dramatic discounts on the premium Galaxy Z Fold 3 – all of which we’re highlighting right here, whether you’re looking to buy SIM-free (unlocked) or on contract.
We’re separately covering the best Black Friday tech deals right here.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Black Friday deals – Highlights
Up to £100 off in the UK
The best SIM-free Black Friday discount on the Galaxy Z Fold 3 in the UK comes from Amazon, which has £99 off at the moment. Laptops Direct has £100 off but charges a delivery fee, so Amazon’s deal is cheaper. AO has the next best offer with £95 off.
If you’re in the UK, you can buy the Fold 3 from Samsung itself and get a free Starter Kit, which (worth £79), which includes a Flip Case, S Pen and 25W Fast Charger. Customers also get YouTube Premium for free for four months. You can also save up to £600 when you trade-in your existing phone. Just be sure to claim within 30 days of purchase. Head to Samsung to see these offers.
Up to $400 off in the US + Free Galaxy Buds 2
The biggest and the best Black Friday Galaxy Z Fold 3 deal in the US is from Best Buy, where you can get $400 off and the Galaxy Buds 2 for free.
US Customers buying the Galaxy Z Fold 3 directly from Samsung can also get the Buds 2 for free and a $250 discount, as well as a $900 credit towards their phone with trade-in thanks to Enhanced Trade-in offers available now. You can trade in up to four devices. You’ll also get a free Flip Cover with Pen worth $79.99, four months of YouTube Premium for free and three months of Spotify Premium.
On Amazon, US customers can save $300 on the Galaxy Z Fold 3, on both the 256GB and 512GB models and get free Galaxy Buds 2 as well. Amazon also has $317 off Z Fold 3 bundle that includes the S Pen Case.
How much does the Galaxy Z Fold 3 cost (UK/US/India)?
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in the following configurations and price points:
- 12GB RAM/256GB storage – £1,599/$1,799.99/₹1,49,999
- 12GB RAM/512GB storage – £1,699/$1,899.99/₹1,57,999
The phones are available in Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
In India, the phone went on sale on 10 September. Samsung’s currently offering ₹22000 off, ₹55090 off with exchange (trade-in) and up to an extra ₹7000 on top.
Here’s everything there is to know about the Z Fold 3 if you want to learn more about the handset’s cameras, display and specs.
Where to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 3 SIM-free – Best Black Friday deals
UK retailers – up to £100 off!
Apart from Samsung the Z Fold 3 is available from:
US retailers – up to $400 off with free Galaxy Buds 2
- Best Buy (US) – $400 off + + Free Galaxy Buds 2
- Amazon – save $300 + Free Galaxy Buds 2
- Samsung US – $250 off + Free Galaxy Buds 2
- Target – Get a $250 Target GiftCard with purchase
Where to buy the Galaxy Z Fold 3 on contract – Best Black Friday deals
Currently, the biggest contract offers in the UK are boosting data allowances so you can get anywhere from 100GB to unlimited data with the handset. US contract deals are offering the phone upfront for free in some cases when you trade in your old device and sign up to an unlimited plan.
- EE – Plans start from £85 per month, £100 upfront (10GB data)
- O2 – Best plan: 30GB data for £68.98 per month, £50 upfront – includes Disney+ for 6 months or other streaming service, 3-year warranty, Samsung Accessory Pack worth £79.99 (claim by 31 December)
- Sky Mobile – Best plan: Get 60GB data for £73 per month, £12 upfront – claim an extra £250 with trade in
- Three – Best plan: Get 100GB data fr £51 per month (first six months, then £102), £99 upfront
- Virgin – Plans start at £59 per month, no upfront cost
- Vodafone – Plans start at £57 per month with £49 upfront
- Affordable Mobiles – Best plan: 100GB data for £57 per month, £599 upfront
- Carphone Warehouse – Best plan: Unlimited data for £71 per month, £109 upfront
- Mobile Phones Direct Best plan: Unlimited data for £69 per month, £289.99 upfront
- Tesco Mobile – out of stock
- Verizon – Save $200 with unlimited plan
- AT&T – Get up to $800 off and free Galaxy Buds 2 when you trade-in and sign up to an unlimited plan
- US Cellular – Trade in and sign up to unlimited plan to get phone for free
- T-Mobile – Get up to $1000 off when you trade in and join Magenta Max plan
What’s new in the Z Fold 3?
With a focus on productivity, one of the biggest updates on the Z Fold 3 is S Pen support, which Samsung already offers on its Note and Galaxy Tab S7 tablet range. Now, customers can choose between the S Pen Fold Edition or S Pen Pro to use with the Z Fold 3. Both S Pens have special retractable tips designed to protect the screens from excessive force. Samsung is offering customers a free S Pen with purchase.
See our review, where it received 4/5 stars and a Tech Advisor Recommended badge.
Other productivity highlights on the Fold 3 include a new Taskbar for faster and easier access to apps, and ‘Flex mode’, which allows users to multi-task across the two screens. Fold 3 owners can, for instance, use one half of the phone for video calls (with optimised support for Microsoft Teams) and the other half for notetaking.
There’s greater durability too. Samsung promises the Fold 3 can withstand folding up to 200,000 times, while new IPX8 water resistance, an “Armour Aluminum” chassis – which Samsung claims is the strongest aluminum used on a phone – and a Gorilla Glass Victus display that’s “80% more durable than previous devices”, also join the list of durability upgrades.
If you missed the Galaxy Unpacked event, here’s how to watch it again.